Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy sounds. Life is full of them. And where would we be without them? Children laughing. . .a babbling brook. . .a tornado named Wendy. . .


Which is precisely what I heard this morning at dark-thirty with the thump-whump-whump of the food processor shredding cabbage. Yes, cabbage. This was WAY before breakfast or coffee, mind you, as my wife leaped from bed because she wanted to make FERMENTED cabbage. Sauerkraut. Kim chi.


The Infrared Highway. The blog of author James Houston Turner


I was lying there in the darkness listening to all this noise and had to smile at how good I have it. So I got up and there she was, all alone in our little lighted kitchen, with the rest of the house dark, singing away, happy as the proverbial lark, shredding and banging and mashing cabbage in this huge bowl with the speed of an F-22 Raptor. Naturally, she finished her task long before the coffee had brewed. And I am now blessed with the magnificent, joyful, happy, happy sound of sauerkraut. It's a memory I'll never forget.


Yes, I absolutely LOVE the happy sounds of life. Are you listening to yours?


Indeed, what would life be without them?